The Asset Finance Working Group (AFWG) considers how lending against the security of a renewable energy asset or related business can be further developed.
The output from the seminar will include a list of issues to be resolved at industry level, through the Asset Finance Working Group (AFWG), along with identification of preferred means for further networking, through the REA website and face-to-face.
Group Chair: Darren Riva, Siemens Financial Services
TERMS of REFERENCE
- Definition of Asset Finance for the purposes of this group: “finance secured against equipment/ assets and their use”
- “To improve access to affordable finance, to support and accelerate the deployment of renewable technologies”
- To bring renewable technology developers and financiers together
- To increase the understanding of the renewable technology deployment potential
- To increase the understanding of financier requirements from renewable projects
- To reduce barriers to the financing of renewable technologies by developing policies
- To identify how to influence policy and increase awareness of upcoming changes
- To catalyse the deployment of a wide variety of renewable technologies.
10th March 2015
The next meeting will be held on 10th March 2015. Further details to follow. Please email Rob McGrigor if you would like to attend.
2nd December 2014
The Asset Finance Working Group (AFWG) held its fifth meeting and heard from Ray Noble in relation to the state of the UK solar market and the opportunities arising in relation to Energy Storage and Electric Vehicles. Copies of the slides form this meetign can be found in the Member Section.
16th September 2014
The Asset Finance Working Group (AFWG) held its fourth meeting and discussed the various challenges and opportunities relating to the financing of RHI-based technologies. The next meeting, to be held on Tuesday 2 December, will have a focus on storage technologies as well as a solar PV market update.
14th August 2014
Rob McGrigor and Darren Riva met with DECC to discuss key issues raised at the 12th June meeting.
12th June 2014
The third AFWG was held at the offices of Hogan Lovell. DECC attended this meeting. Minutes and presentation slides can be found in the members area.
24th April 2014
The second AFWG was held and terms of reference were agreed. Presentations were received from Innasol, Compass Renewables and Lombard. Copies of the minutes and slides can be found in the members area.
12th March 2014
A REA Finance Forum Asset Finance seminar was held, to understand the current renewable energy policy landscape and associated investment opportunities and to and “deep-dive” into the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI).
4th February 2014
A webinar was held to provide a renewable policy update to prospective REA Financier members and identified topics for the first face-to-face meeting on 12th March.