Global Trade Event: Exporting Green Britain
For free non-member bookings, click on the ‘buy tickets’ button above and follow the green “register as a Non REA member” link on top of the page to book your free place.
Tackling climate change and aligning government support behind clean growth industries is a top priority for the UK. To realise its vision for a Green Industrial Revolution, the UK must take advantage of the significant export opportunities in emerging overseas markets in low-carbon technologies and services.
Projected export opportunities for the UK’s low-carbon sector are estimated to be between £60 billion and £170 billion by 2030. The Ten-Point Plan for a green industrial revolution is designed to capitalise on our export potential by mobilising £12 billion of government investment, with potentially three times as much from the private sector, to create and support up to 250,000 green jobs and spur over £40 billion in investment from the private sector into the UK.
Join UK Export Finance (UKEF) at Exporting Green Britain: Accelerating net-zero through trade to understand how you can grow your business through exports and how UKEF is supporting clean growth industries.
What you can expect at the event:
- Hear from Julian Lynn, Regional Head – Middle East and Asia Pacific, UK Export Finance and Spencer Clifford, Head of Renewable Energy, Department for International Trade about the financial support available for UK exporters and the global opportunities for UK renewable energy and clean technology businesses.
- Discover how ITM Power, Reactive Technologies and Agrivert have successfully exported their goods and services to markets including Japan, Hongkong, Australia and more.
- Network with senior representatives from UKEF, DIT and foreign government promotion agencies from the key overseas market at the event, develop real projects with the best partners for export.
Register now and join us on Thursday 14th October to find out more about UKEF and the financial support available for businesses in the renewable energy and clean technology sectors.
UK Export Finance (UKEF) is the UK government’s export credit agency (ECA). Its mission is to ensure that no viable UK export fails for lack of finance or insurance from the private sector, while operating at no net cost to the taxpayer.
UKEF helps UK companies win, fulfil and get paid for international business by providing guarantees, insurance and loans to support export activities.
It helps UK companies:
- win export contracts by providing attractive financing terms to their buyers
- fulfil contracts by supporting working capital and trade finance
- get paid by insuring against buyer default
UKEF is aligned with the government’s campaign to build back greener from the pandemic. It has £2bn dedicated to financing clean growth projects overseas to create export opportunities for UK businesses and has financed over £800 million of renewable energy projects overseas since 2019, including four major offshore wind projects in Taiwan.
Please note by registering you agree for the REA to share your contact information with UKEF, so they may connect you after the event.
For any issues with booking, please contact [email protected].