Policy Analyst Position available at the REA
Role: Policy Analyst. Association for Renewable Energy and Clean Technology – REA
Start Date: ASAP
With the UK energy landscape radically changing and the need to tackle the climate emergency, an exciting job opportunity to work at the forefront of the renewable energy and clean technology industry has arisen at the REA! Based in central London, this role is a unique chance to help drive forward the decarbonisation of power, heat and transport at a pivotal moment in the UK’s transition to a cleaner energy future.
We are looking for someone with a passion for the environment and renewables and with the ability to understand and work through complex problems to arrive at ambitious, yet credible policy positions.
To help lead the shift to a green economy by supporting our work on ‘Smart / Connected’ technologies and decarbonising the power and transport sectors. This will involve working closely with Government, regulators, our members and wider stakeholders on key policy initiatives that impact the sector.
The position provides an excellent opportunity to be at the forefront of policy and industry developments as the UK seeks to meet its Net Zero target for Greenhouse Gas emissions by 2050.
- Working with members to develop new policy and ensure current policies are delivering the outcomes the sector needs
- Be seen by stakeholder as the go-to person on relevant policy areas
- Keeping members up to date with policy developments
- Focusing on ‘Smart tech’ (EVs, energy storage, solar PV and finance) as a policy area this involves writing consultation responses, reports and summary pieces
- Helping organise and speaking at internal and external events
- Writing blogs and generally promoting the benefits of REA membership to potential members.
- Other ad hoc duties as required
Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to degree level, with a post graduate degree an advantage
- Evidence of having worked in a policy environment
- Good awareness of parliamentary and political processes
- A good understanding of energy and environment policy would be desirable
- Experience of solar, energy storage, Electric Vehicles would be strongly desirable but not necessary
Skills and Ability
- Articulate with excellent writing skills
- Evidence of desk-based research skills
- Interest in sustainability and climate change,
- Knowledge of renewable energy and Circular Economy principles an advantage
Enthusiastic with good organisational skills, determination and stamina; a flexible, team player with personal integrity and confidence, and the ability to build relationships with civil servants, regulators and wider stakeholders.
The Association for Renewable Energy and Clean Technology (REA) was established in 2001, as a not-for-profit trade association. It is the largest trade association for renewable energy and clean technologies. The REA’s mission is to grow the renewable energy and clean technology economy. The REA’s main objective is to secure the best legislative and regulatory framework for expanding the Sector in the UK and grow the International market.
The REA’s corporate membership consists of over 550 companies ranging from multinational energy utilities and renewable energy developers working across multiple technologies and solutions through to innovative niche companies and consultants, as well as sole traders, farmers, installers. The REA’s finance forum and other platforms support member organisations from the investment, insurance and legal sectors that enable this growing economy. The REA is the only UK trade body representing the full range of renewable technologies across all applications covering power, heat, transport and clean resources.
To apply for this role please send a CV and Covering Letter stating why you would be suitable for the role, to [email protected] by close of play 10:30am by Monday, 17th February 2020.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.