CCC release annual progress report on the same day renewables smash another record
- The CCC today published their annual Progress report advocating for a green and resilient Covid-19 recovery
- This comes on the same day that renewables smashed another record accounting for just under half (47%) of electricity generation in Q1
Dr Nina Skorupska CBE FEI, Chief Executive at the REA said:
“Another week another record broken in the fight against climate change. Going over 18 days and counting is a spectacular feat that would not be possible without the valuable contribution of renewables.
“The continuous record breaking and coal lows seen over the past few months further solidifies the crucial role renewables are playing in the UK energy mix. As the Government begins to look towards a future as we emerge from lockdown, we urge them to recognise and incorporate renewables and clean technology as a key part of the recovery.”
For more information or to request an interview, please contact:
External Affairs Officer
020 7925 3570
Notes to Editors:
- The CCC report is available here.
- The REA particularly supports the following areas as clear investment priorities as recommended in the report:
- Low-carbon retrofits and buildings that are fit for the future.
- Tree planting, peatland restoration, and green infrastructure.
- Energy networks must be strengthened
- Infrastructure to make it easy for people to walk, cycle, and work remotely
- Moving towards a circular economy
- The Energy Trends data is available here.
About the REA
The REA is the UK’s largest trade association for renewable energy and clean technologies with around 550 members operating across heat, transport, and power. The REA is a not-for-profit organisation that represents renewable energy and clean technology companies operating in over fourteen sectors, ranging from biogas and renewable fuels to solar and electric vehicle charging. Membership ranges from major multinationals to sole traders.
For more information, visit: www.r-e-a.net