REA Webinar: Approaching the end of the Brexit Transition Period
With the end of the transition period fast approaching, the REA will be hosting a Brexit-related webinar on Wednesday 9th December, 10:30 – 12:00.
The session will cover the latest on the deal for post-transition period trade relations between the UK and the EU, a review of the status of Brexit-related macro-economic issues and an update from BEIS on the latest energy-related negotiation topics.
We are pleased to announce we will be joined by two external speakers:
– Baroness Verma, Chair of the Lords EU Sub Committee for Goods and Member of the Lords EU Select Committee. Providing an update on the political process around the ongoing negotiations currently taking place.
– Ashley Hibben and Doran Hanlon, BEIS Climate and Energy – Trade and Europe Team. Providing an update on the energy and climate-related negotiations.
- Update on current negotiation status (Baroness Verma)
- Review of REA activities on Brexit (Mark Sommerfeld, REA)
- Getting Ready, a month to go (Mark Sommerfeld, REA): Reviewing supply chains, tariffs, understanding access to skills and mutual recognition of standards.
- Review of energy issues (Ashley Hibben, BEIS) : Energy trading arrangements, meeting climate change requirements, carbon pricing and future of renewable subsidies.
Joining instructions will be sent to those who register for the event. To sign up for the webinar, please click the button above.
If you experience any difficulty in registering for the webinar through the membership portal please email Luana Minutella ([email protected]).