The Association for Renewable Energy and Clean Technology (REA) is launching a new award for this year’s British Renewable Energy Awards to find postgraduate students who will be Future Game Changers in the field of renewable energy and technology. The Award is sponsored by Eaton & Drax.
The winning postgraduate student will present an innovative idea or concept that could accelerate the race to achieve net zero.
The winner will be chosen from a shortlist of 10 entries exhibited at the Gala Awards Dinner in Birmingham on 9 June 2022, and will receive the Award along with a small bursary.
Accelerate to net zero: How to enter
Your work or idea can be submitted in various media forms. All entries must answer the following questions:
- What is your idea?
- Which strategic pillar of the REA does your idea attempt to address?
- Decarbonising power
- Decarbonising heat
- Decarbonising transport
- Circular bioresources
- What inspired you to come up with your idea?
- How will your idea make a difference to net zero?
- How will you measure success?
- Who will your idea need to engage with (eg, local/national government, academia, communities, business)?
- How much do you think this this will cost or save?
- What are the important steps that need to be taken today, in the next six months or five years to make this happen?
You can submit your entry as an illustrative poster (sized A0, a PDF or photo of which can be submitted for judging), a video (of five minutes or less), or any other medium that allows you to answer the questions above and can be viewed by guests on the evening of the Gala Awards Dinner.
Entries will be judged by a panel of early career researchers and a shortlist of 10 will be selected for final judging at Gala Awards Dinner at the Birmingham Botanical Gardens on 9 June. The shortlisted entrants will be invited to the dinner, courtesy of the Award sponsors, to present your entry to other guests, who will vote for the final winner.
Submit your entry here by 22 May 2022.
- Submission deadline is Sunday 22 May 2022.
- Shortlisted entries will be notified by 27 May 2022.
- The final winner will be chosen at the Awards Gala Dinner in Birmingham on 9 June 2022.
The REA Future Game Changers Award is supported by the Supergen Bioenergy Hub, which works with academia, industry, government and societal stakeholders to develop sustainable bioenergy systems that support the UK’s transition to an affordable, resilient, low-carbon energy future.
For more information on the Award, you can contact the Supergen Bioenergy Hub at [email protected].