Heat & Buildings Strategy Consultations
On the 25th November 2021 at 13:00-15:00, the REA will be hosting a meeting for our members on a raft of new consultations released with the Heat and Building strategy. The aim of the meeting is to gauge feedback from our members and integrate this into our official consultation responses. The meeting will be held on MS Teams, a joining link will be sent to those who register.
We will be discussing the following three consultations:
- Phasing out the installation of fossil fuel heating in homes off the gas grid
- Phasing out the installation of fossil fuel heating systems in businesses and public buildings off the gas grid
- Market-based mechanism for low carbon heat
We will cover and seek your feedback on a number government proposals set out in the consultations, including:
- An end to new fossil fuel heating installations in homes off the gas grid from 2026
- A ‘heat pump first’ approach to replacement heating systems in homes and businesses off the gas grid requiring high performing replacement heating systems where heat pumps cannot reasonably practicably be installed
- Using the natural replacement cycle as the trigger for phasing out fossil fuel heating systems in businesses introducing the policy using a phased approach with the largest buildings first, followed by smaller buildings
- Introduction of a market-based mechanism to support the development of the UK market for low-carbon electric heat pumps.
For any issues with booking, please contact us here.