Solar and Energy Storage Forums Meeting
We are pleased to announce that we have invited the Long Duration Energy Storage Council to give a presentation to our members. Established during COP26, the council aims to speed up the international development of energy storage devices which will form a cornerstone of the future renewable energy infrastructure. The council will give an overview of their ambitions and provide an opportunity for members to ask questions.
We are pleased to say that civil servants from BEIS will also be attending to provide an update on solar policy priorities in 2022.
If any other members feel they would benefit from joining this presentation, please get in touch with Freddie Kellett, at [email protected].
15:00-15:05 Welcome and Introduction
15:05 – 15.35 Long-Duration Energy Storage Council Presentation: “Net-Zero Power: Long Duration energy storage for renewable grid”
– LDES Council Introduction Rachael Reid (BP), Colin Roy (Highview Power)
– Presentation of the report findings Godart van Gendt (McKinsey)
15.35 – 15.50 Q&A with the Long Duration Energy Storage Council
15.50- 16.00 Break
16.00 -16.15 Update from BEIS on Solar Policy in 2022 Julie Whiting (BEIS) and Boris Rogatechevski (BEIS)
16.15 – 16.55 REA Policy Update
– Policy milestone tracker
– CfD Update
– RIIO ED-2 DNO business plans
– Business rates Update
– Arup and BEIS Seeking Data on Cost of Repowering and extending Life of Solar Projects
– Smart Systems and Flexibility Plan Review and Next Steps
– ENA Engagement
– Literature Review: Carbon payback period of solar
– Any ongoing Import or staffing Issues related to covid/Brexit?
6:55-17:00 Meeting close