We will act as your voice
The REA exists to support our members and we will do all we can to support the industry through these challenging times, however possible. To this end:
- We are maintaining an up to date Members Briefing (login required) on key government announcements and the policies of other stakeholders. More about this, and our other briefings, can be read below.
- We want to reassure you that we are thinking about the potential impact on your business of COVID 19 and how we can represent you.
- To let you know that on a pan-business level, we are backing the CBI and TUC campaigns for ensuring business continuity across the economy. Yesterday the Prime Minister established a set of Covid-19 Ministerial committees including one on the Economy and Business which provides the highest level interface on these issues in Government.
- Please send us any information on any sector-specific problems or potential problems which you may be encountering or anticipate. Members have received a separate email detailing how to do this.
- If you are not currently a member, but wish to hear more about what the REA can do for you during this time, please contact us at: [email protected]
We have compiled an Issues Log of Covid-19 specific problems and will be updating this with further examples you provide us with. Actions to attempt to resolve these will then be taken on a case by case basis and included in higher-level communications to senior civil servants. We will act as your voice as needed.
Members Briefings (log-in required)
- Covid-19 Members Briefing (frequently updated). It details the policies and advice being given publicly by Government, as well as the information civil servants have given to us directly. It can be read here.
- A sector specific briefing on Government action for the heat sector. The briefing looks at the self-employed income support scheme, job retention schemes as well as the definition of key workers. You can find it here.
- A briefing on the Environment Agency’s view on Technical Competence Management Attendance during Covid-19 restrictions. You can view it here.
Update on REA events
If any of you have registered for our renewable energy and clean technology events, I have to inform you that we have made some important decisions to reschedule them, for our member and staff wellbeing. You can find the full details on our Events page.
The REA’s Business Continuity
Some of you will already be aware that the REA has now moved from 80 Strand to new offices in Brettenham House, 2-19 Lancaster Place, London WC2E 7EN.
80 Strand is having a major refurbishment that will take over 2 years and so we have found a great new location for our work – just around the corner! We look forward to welcoming you there sometime in the near future when “social-distancing” and “travel bans” will be a thing of the past. Please do note our new address. All other contact details (email and telephone numbers) remain the same.
Having moved, we are also taking some important and necessary precautions. The REA team are, like many other organisations, working from home with member meetings taking place online and via video conferencing.