2-DAY COURSE: CHARGE POINT OPERATIONS
The Charge Point OPERATIONS course is a two-day deep-dive created for those seeking a detailed knowledge of charge point operations and management.
The Charge Point OPERATIONS is a two-day training course designed to empower delegates with a detailed, in-depth knowledge of charge point operations and management in the UK and Europe. Delegates will learn about charge point hardware, software, communications systems, payments, and trends to a level of detail where they will be able to begin managing charging infrastructure.
For those with limited previous knowledge of the EV charging market, we recommend taking the Charge Point ECOSYSTEM course prior to this course.
Charge Point OPERATIONS is relevant for both the public and private EV charging markets.
The course will be delivered Charlie O’Donoghue at EV Technology and has been developed in partnership with the REA.
This course will run over two days. Each day will start at 9:30am and run to 5:00pm GMT.
Delegates will attend online via GoToMeeting.
Prior to the course taking place delegates will be sent login details to a bespoke training website. Delegates will retain access to the website and contents for six weeks following the date of course delivery, and can purchase a six-month extension.
The Supplementary Materials section of the online materials contains an extensive glossary of terms which can be referred to post-event.
Following this course, delegates will have a robust knowledge of market actors, relationships between market participants, and charge point components and operations.
Fees (REA Members)
Delegate fees for members of the REA.
- The two-day OPERATIONS course costs £900 + VAT. This includes six weeks of access to the online materials. Delegates can purchase an additional 6 months of access to the materials for £50 + VAT.
- The one-day ECOSYSTEM and two-day OPERATIONS courses can be purchased at a bundled rate of £1,300 + VAT. This includes six weeks of access to the online materials for both courses. Delegates can purchase an additional 6 months of access to the materials for these courses for £75 + VAT.
Fees (Non-REA Members)
Pricing for companies that are not members of the REA
- The two-day OPERATIONS course costs £1,500 + VAT. This includes six weeks of access to the online materials. Delegates can purchase an additional 6 months of access to the materials for £75 + VAT.
- The one-day ECOSYSTEM and two-day OPERATIONS courses can be purchased at a bundled rate of £1,800 + VAT. This includes six weeks of access to the online materials for both courses. Delegates can purchase an additional 6 months of access to the materials for these courses for £100 + VAT.
Upcoming dates and payments
With questions about payment, please contact us on [email protected]
You can book on the courses by clicking here.
Upcoming two-day OPERATIONS course dates:
- Wednesday, 11th November 2020 and Thursday, 12th November 2020 (with an opportunity to take the one-day OPERATIONS course on the 10th November)
Modules & content
- Charging Fundamentals: This topic will provide a grounding in the EV Charging.
- The EV Ecosystem’s Backbone – IoT: A short look at how IoT works and why the EVCN needs it.
- The EV Protocol Zoo: Protocols are central to the EV world – a brief look at a few.
- The Charge Station Management System: First part of the CSMS overview – looking at fundamentals.
- The Charge Station Management System: A further look at the CSMS – expandability.
- A Multi-faceted Computer System – The EVCN: A few examples of how each computer in the EVCN reports back.
- Billing for the EV Space: A simplified introduction some billing examples in the EV space.
- Problem Solving: An overview of some typical issues experience by an EVCN.
- Questions and Answer session: A short session on tackling questions from the group.
A timeline for how this course, and the two-day ECOSYSTEM course, is organised can be found here.
You should attend the OPERATIONS course if you have knowledge of the dynamics of the EV charging market and are seeking to develop a competence in charge point operations and management.
As a standalone course, this is particularly relevant for current and future operational staff, specialists, or advisors working for a:
- Charge Point Operator
- eMobility Service Provider
- Fleet operator
- Vehicle or equipment manufacturer
- Law firm
- Central or local government
- Ofgem / another regulator
- Energy supplier
[upcoming charge point professional courses]