The REA and EV Technology are proud to bring you the CHARGE POINT PROFESSIONAL series of training courses.
A series of training courses for those entering, or looking to develop their skills in, the EV charging sector.
Courses on offer
- Charge Point ECOSYSTEM is a regularly-run one-day introduction to the key terms, processes, and relationships in the EV charging sector. Click here to learn more.
- Charge Point OPERATIONS is a deep-dive two-day course for those who are seeking to be able to operate charging networks. Taking the Charge Point Ecosystem course is recommended prior to taking this course, particularly for those with little prior work experience or knowledge of the sector. Click here to learn more.
- Charge Point DIRECTOR is a half-day course designed for executives and others entering the EV charging sector who need to understand the sector’s basic landscape. Click here to learn more.
Sign up for updates!
If you’d like to be kept in the loop about forthcoming EV training sessions from the REA, sign up to our CHARGE POINT PROFESSIONAL training marketing list here.
Upcoming course dates
You can view the upcoming dates and book your place from the Upcoming Events section of our website.
About the course trainer
For details about Charlie O’Donoghue, who delivers the CHARGE POINT PROFESSIONAL training courses, please click here.
In order to accelerate the transition to electric vehicles, the REA and EV Technology have partnered to create new training courses in the charge point sector. The courses are designed for professionals seeking to enter or manage products in the sector.
The public charging market is expanding rapidly in size and complexity:
- Government-commissioned analysis suggests the number of public chargers needed for ‘top-up charging needs to rise from 2,700 in 2016 to over 27,000 by 2030.[i]
- Treasury recently announced a £500m Rapid Charging Fund to deliver electricity grid upgrades at Motorway Service Areas and along the Strategic and A Road Network to enable up to 6,000 rapid and ultra-rapid charge points by 2035.
- Government have confirmed they intend to consult on the ‘consumer experience’ of charging infrastructure and may regulate themes such as payments, access, and maintenance rates.
To meet demand, thousands of professionals will require training in charge point market dynamics, operations, maintenance, and payments.
The REA and EV Technology have designed their courses under the banner of the CHARGE POINT PROFESSIONAL series to target aspects of the skills gap, with others leading on training in areas such as installation and repair.
[i] Systra, Cenex and Next Green Car, Plugging the gap: An assessment of future demand for Britain’s electric vehicle public charging network, Jan 2018