DEFRA have updated factsheets relating to the 2020 Environment Bill (the Bill) – read the factsheets and all other documents relating to the Bill here. The Bill will bring into UK law environmental protections and recovery. The Bill is presently in the 3rd reading stage in the House of Lords.
The Bill includes details on:
- creating a new governance framework for the environment
- a new direction for resources and waste management
- improving air quality
- securing our water services
- enhancing our green spaces
- updating laws on chemicals (REACH)
The factsheets topics include:
- Environmental governance
- Waste and resource efficiency
- Air quality
- Nature and conservation covenants
Please contact us with any questions.