The Environment Agency (EA) have published a guidance document on how operators with a mobile plant landspreading permit and deployment can meet requirements of using mobile plant for landspreading waste to provide agricultural benefit or ecological improvement.
The general guidance is that:
Spreading waste to land must:
- be controlled by an environmental permit, regulatory position statement, low risk waste position or waste exemption
- result in agricultural benefit or ecological improvement
- be waste recovery, not waste disposal
Activities must not:
- endanger human health
- harm the environment by causing risk to groundwater, surface water, air, soil, plants or animals
- cause nuisance through noise or odours
- adversely affect the countryside or places of special interest
You can read more here. Get in touch here with any questions.