The NUTRICAS tool can be accessed here, and further details on the tool can be read here, and here.
NUTRICAS is a tool aimed at helping support decision making processes by forecasting costs, performance, and end products for specified nutrient recover and re-use technology combinations on digestate. Based on data from the SYSTEMIC European demonstration project, focused on five large-scale biogas plants which use innovative nutrient recovery processing techniques, and specifically the technologies occurring most frequently at these plants, including:
- Liquid-solid separation techniques
- Centrifuge (with and without polymer addition)
- Screw press (with and without polymer addition)
- Belt press (with polymer addition)
- Dissolved Air flotation (with polymer addition)
- Nitrogen (ammonia) stripping-scrubbing
- With H2SO4
- With gypsum
- Evaporation and condensation
- With prior acidification
- Without prior acidification
- Membrane filtration technologies
- Microfiltration + reverse osmosis
- Reverse osmosis
- Phosphorus stripping and precipitation: RePeat
- Thermal drying
- fluidized bed dryer.
By specifying different combinations of technologies, users can compare the cost and outputs of different biorefinery systems.